[ExtractStream] Re: Explanation of records in ty chunks?

Dale Reed daler at n...
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:01:29 -0700

Ken Hancock wrote:

> --- In ExtractStream@y..., Dale Reed <daler@n...> wrote:
> > As an aside, I started working on a tivo application that is pretty
> > much a stripped down extractstream. My goal is to have a "debug"
> > tool that knows of the sequencing and errors and can give us
> physical
> > information in the FSIDs where these happen. If we can figure out
> > why bad data is getting into the streams and how to handle it, then
> > we can get on with the fun stuff. :)
>
> Do you have any idea if the FSID->sector calculation used by ES is
> correct? Since I restored my A drive from a MFS Tools backup, my
> streams are complely mixed up...

I have a feeling its not 100% correct. Since your tivo obivously
works with the MFS tools, I'm suspecting ES rather than the MFStools
as the core problem.

> Anyway, I look forward to your tool -- maybe it'll save me from
> having to take my v1.3 original drive and re-copy it to my current A
> drive...

Its mainaly designed for those of us hacking the extraction tools. However,
if it unveils some shortcomings in ES, we can hopefully fix it to work.

Dale