[ExtractStream] Re: Explanation of records in ty chunks?

Trevor Sky Garside trevor at t...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:57:12 -0700

> > I have a feeling its not 100% correct. Since your tivo obivously
> > works with the MFS tools, I'm suspecting ES rather than the MFStools
> > as the core problem.
>

> Whoa! You have it reversed! Mine WAS working 100% PRIOR to using MFS
> Tools. Now that I've done a MFS Restore, I haven't had a single good
> extraction -- it's extracting random programs!

I think what was meant by the above statement is that the TiVo software has
no problems playing back the MFS tools restored data, so the restore isn't
the problem. The problem is ExtractStream not being as smart as the TiVo
software.

-Trevor