Audio Sync.

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:16:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have another question:

Are there any tools (other than Joe's super-awesome splitstream) that
you can use to see if the audio's not in sync with the video *before*
I TMPGenc the whole shebang (at 12 hours at a crack... :-( )

Oh, and TMPGenc's "merge & cut" bug is worse than I thought - at
least under Winders2K. I can open a file, and put start & end points
in (from nandub - TMPGenc get's 'em wrong most every time) and click
OK. If I reopen that clip & try to change it in any way, TMPGenc
locks hard.

Very strange...

What I've done so far (twice - but the second render's still running)
was take the two numbers from SplitStream, average them and use that
as the audio offset. The first video I did looked/sounded fine to me.
My wife was *very* happy! :-) (As I said before -- I'm not a supreme
stickler on this stuff - it's all better than tape!) I'll have the
second one tested tonite to see the sync & I'll let y'all know.

Anywho, I'm hoping all my ranting is helping out!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger