[ExtractStream] Re: Explanation of records in ty chunks?

Dale Reed daler at n...
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:59:47 -0700

Ken Hancock wrote:

> You're probably right... Although I'd like to get back to
> extracting, maybe I should leave my system as-is for now to help with
> testing tools. *sigh*

I'm hoping to have something this weekend. If you can hang on, it
might be worth the while. :)

> Here's a though -- has anyone thought of using tcl to access the
> actual tyStreams? Going through tcl would eliminate any dependency
> on the underlying mfs structure. Is it possible? This idea occurred
> to me after looking at a snddump tcl file which extracted sound files
> from the TiVo.

I think the only issue is performance. The old TCL web server use to
dish raw tystreams like that over the HTTP port, but it would litterally
kill the tivo doing it. It might be worth grabbing a show that way
and sicking splitstream on it to wee what it does.

Dale