Splitstream and constant sequence issues

cerevant@y... cerevant at y...
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:34:39 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., charlie@a... wrote:
> I've never seen a chunk where some records were right and some were
> wrong (and I have been looking)...

The only reason I asked was I found exactly this case: I had a chunk
where the audio sequence numbers were completely wrong (and recovered
in the next chunk) but the video sequence numbers were correct -
the "bad" chunk followed the previous chunk's sequence, and the next
chunk's first video sequence number correctly followed the last in
the "bad" chunk. This caused one of the early "continuous sequence"
failures: splitstream threw out the chunk because it had a bad audio
sequence number, then threw out the next chunk because it had the
wrong video sequence number, etc.

Jeff