Audio offset due to "audio preload?"

joe666boxer@y... joe666boxer at y...
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:31:59 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Roger Merchberger <zmerch7@y...> wrote:
> Anywho, under "Audio / Video Interleave Options" you can enable
> "audio/video interleaving" -- and it gives the option as to how many
> milliseconds of audio you want to "preload" before the video
> starts...

I use nandub myself. I use it at the last step when muxing the audio
and video (divx+mp3). I leave the preload to the default (500 ms), but
I change the delay until I get it right. BTW, this is how I avoid
having to reencode the entire thing: do the audio mux as the last
step. It only takes 50-60 seconds for a 1 hr show.

> Joe & others -- is there any chance that the Tivo is "preloading" a
> certain amount of audio before starting the video - and this is why
> the audio & video streams aren't in sync?

This gets back to the question of why the audio delays that
splitstream shows are not exact. I think the tivo may have an implicit
delay (maybe about 1 or 2 frames worth; each frame at 29.97 fps takes
33.3 ms).

Thanks
Joe