Yet another conversion program

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:50:19 -0000

Best results of any of the progs so far. This has worked on a ton of
my streams so far -- if it messes up, tell it to skip one chunk, then
2, then 3 until it starts working. I think it is more effective
becasue Charlie used the actual timecode in the streams to do
sequencing, etc. I still get no sync in WMP, but it is prob a codec
issue because Charlie gets sync there. In WinDVD though, I get perfect
sync. If I pause and unpause, I can see it stutter the video until it
gets sync and then play normally -- it is good to be able to see that
it is actually reading the TC and locking into sync that way.
I tried running tmpgenc on the streams and ended up with no sync
again. I also tried to edit the commercials out and lost sync, too.
My understanding is that Charlie would love for someone to be able to
suggest ways to fix this.

Once again, thanks to all of the coders who are keepin' at this.

Willie