[ExtractStream] Sequence number bogus errors (FAQ?)

David Ranch dranch at t...
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:14:02 -0700

Hey Everyone,

Just joined the list..

>just a FYI, there is a very simple fix for the audio
>sync issue. If anyone wants it let me know.

This would be great! Could you post your new
version of ExtractStream somewhere? CVS possibly?
What was your change?

>and am now happily running ExtractStream 0.3
>> (CVS).

The last time I tried (2 weeks ago), I couldn't
get into anonymous CVS. Has something changed?
What is different in 0.3?

>> The problem is that I am getting many "Sequence
>> number bogus" errors (as you may have guessed from
>> the subject), and the streams cannot be
>> multiplexed together without losing sync horribly.

Yup.. that is biting me pretty hard too. I've heard
that there are some tools for Windows that can help
figure this all out. If you think about it, it
shouldn't be that hard if you use the beginning and
ending bits of the video and audio as references
and extrapolate from there. Obviously.. easier said
then done.

Anyone else on the list have some ideas? I've been
aggressively pulling stuff off my Tivo onto a 80GB
disk but I need to write these things out to xSVCDs!

http://www.ptvupgrade.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000167

--David
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware dranch@t... |
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'