[ExtractStream] Sequence number bogus errors (FAQ?)

Barcinski, Andy andy at a...
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:44:21 -0500

> >Still waiting for Michael Pauley's thoughts on this.
>
> Me too!
>
> --David

I think we've been had by a troll, or something. I'm not counting on him
being back here anytime soon.

At any rate, I'd like to get a start looking at the ExtractStream code.
Unfortunately, I've never done any cross compiling stuff. I also don't seem
to remember reading anything about this in the FAQs. Can anyone point me in
the right direction? As soon as I get my new fileserver back up (^&%^#%$
Western digital drives), I plan on diving into the code and taking a look at
a few things -- but this is hard if I can't create a binary.

What would be REALLY cool is to setup a email address where a piece of code
could be send, and a compiled binary would be emailed back, or error codes.
If it's really that big of a pain in the arse to cross compile or set it up,
this would be a great solution. This way, many people could work on it
without having each and every person set it up themselves.

I'd be willing to donate some hardware (and my net connection) if this
sounds like a good idea (again, once I get some time).

--Andy