[ExtractStream] Sequence number bogus errors (FAQ?)

Dale E. Reed Jr. daler at n...
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:51:01 -0700

> At any rate, I'd like to get a start looking at the ExtractStream code.
> Unfortunately, I've never done any cross compiling stuff. I also don't
seem
> to remember reading anything about this in the FAQs. Can anyone point me
in
> the right direction? As soon as I get my new fileserver back up (^&%^#%$
> Western digital drives), I plan on diving into the code and taking a look
at
> a few things -- but this is hard if I can't create a binary.

Its not that tough. I got it setup in about 10 mins on my RH7 box. You
just
need Tridge's kit. You can get it from several sites. You just untar it to
a directory
and use the cc command included with it rather than your normal one. I did
a symlink
of tivocc to it for simplicity. I'm recompiled several apps successfully
for the tivo
using it.

> I'd be willing to donate some hardware (and my net connection) if this
> sounds like a good idea (again, once I get some time).

I think the cross compiler is the better way to go.

Dale