[ExtractStream] UK 2.5.5 upgrade help (please)

Rob yahoo at i...
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:26:37 +0100

I'm somewhat new to this myself, but I've found mfs_export works fine;
extractstream as included in TiVoApp gave me lots of glitches. I'm on
2.5.5, I don't know about earlier versions, as only had the TiVo a couple
of weeks, and day 1 was a bit too early to rip the lid off!

My particular situation: mfs_export sends to a NFS share on a FreebSD unix
machine, which is also shared by Samba, so I can use a windoze box and
Tyconvert to process it afterwards.

I do find I need to skip the first couple of blocks on some extracts or I
get continuous errors, but otherwise they are fine!

Rob.