Help using tivoapp

fuggus fuggus at y...
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:54:12 -0000

"./profile" is a file that Tivoapp looks for to tell it the path to
the directory on your tivo that has the tivoweb, ExtractStream and nc
files.

It can be one line long. very simple.

from Gary's Tivoapp page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~garyw90/TivoApp.html

"... you should edit /.profile to make sure the directory for these
files in included in $PATH, If you don't modify your /.profile, then
you can also use the Options... choice of the File menu of the
TivoApp to add cd directory to the startup script."

I tried to just put the path to my extraction files in the tivoapp
options window, but I could never get it to "see" the directory!

So, in my case, my files are on my tivo at "/var/hack/web", so
my .profile file consists of just one line:

/var/hack/web

and that's it! (don't use notepad to create the file!:))

It needs to be in the root directory (/) on your tivo.

Root directory mounted read-only? You can pull the drive, mount it,
transfer the file over, unmount it and put it back in your tivo. Or,
you can use tivoweb to re-mount the partition read-write, copy the
file over, then use tivoweb to mount it read-only again.

Good Luck!