Help using tivoapp

dolphins44td dolphins44td at y...
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:07:19 -0000

Well...

I think the problem here is that my tivos address is not
192.168.1.100

it is 192.168.1.105

I set the tivo host name in the tivoapp to that and I still get the
following message...

bash: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl: is a directory
bash-2.02# source /.profile cd /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl
bash: /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl: is a directory
bash-2.02# ShowList.tcl 192.168.1.100 7100
bash: ShowList.tcl: command not found
bash-2.02#

If I just go to the directory where ShowList.tcl is
and ./ShowList.tcl it starts doing its thing..

HELP????

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "fuggus" <fuggus@y...> wrote:
> "./profile" is a file that Tivoapp looks for to tell it the path
> the directory on your tivo that has the tivoweb, ExtractStream and
nc
> files.
>
> It can be one line long. very simple.
>
> from Gary's Tivoapp page:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~garyw90/TivoApp.html
>
> "... you should edit /.profile to make sure the directory for
these
> files in included in $PATH, If you don't modify your /.profile,
then
> you can also use the Options... choice of the File menu of the
> TivoApp to add cd directory to the startup script."
>
> I tried to just put the path to my extraction files in the tivoapp
> options window, but I could never get it to "see" the directory!
>
> So, in my case, my files are on my tivo at "/var/hack/web", so
> my .profile file consists of just one line:
>
> /var/hack/web
>
> and that's it! (don't use notepad to create the file!:))
>
> It needs to be in the root directory (/) on your tivo.
>
> Root directory mounted read-only? You can pull the drive, mount
it,
> transfer the file over, unmount it and put it back in your tivo.
Or,
> you can use tivoweb to re-mount the partition read-write, copy the
> file over, then use tivoweb to mount it read-only again.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., "dolphins44td" <dolphins44td@y...>
wrote:
> > I am using or tryin to use tivoapp....
> >
> > I am getting the following message when I go to connect....
> >
> > bash-2.02# source /.profile cd /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl
> > bash: /.profile: No such file or directory
> > bash-2.02# ShowList.tcl 192.168.1.100 7100
> > bash: ShowList.tcl: command not found
> > bash-2.02#
> >

> > I think I dont have a /.profile directory on my Sony sat-t60
Direct