I have a 100% working split program for both SA and DTivo...

michaeldpauley michael.pauley at g...
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:01:38 -0000

I would liek to try this out also. I have a Philips SA with my
resources modified to (0) 720x480 @ 5.9MB on digital cable. My goal
is to extract the files and burn to DVD-r (I can copy any DVD, I just
want my favorite shows now). I currently use Gary's App and I waould
like to try something else out. If you could send me the fle or a
link I would report to you my findings.

Mike

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "jewser" <joshua@b...> wrote:
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., "David Ondzes" <dao@p...> wrote:
> > I would love to help but I am having some trouble extracting
> > tyStreams with TivoApp. I have a two recording at best quality
> > (seasason premier of Alias) and when I try to extract it only
grabs
> > 2 out of the 6 parts. The html page that is generated from
> > TivoApp list 6 parts and only the last 2 parts are extracted.
> > Anyone having a similar problem ?
>
> Ok. I also have a replacement I wrote for TivoApp. It is also not
> finished yet. As I was working on it I realized that it was
pointless
> to work there until I got splitting truly working correctly and as
of
> about Jan 4th, that is where almost all of my efforts have been
going.

> No slight intended for Gary and his work on TivoApp. I just had
> different goals in mind. I am programmer of the vein that says, why
> use someone elses if I can write my own and be able to fix every
> little detail and make it do whatever I want...
>
> At present "my own" setup is a Tivo-Compiled server with a single
> custom TCL file, based loosely on TivoWeb and TivoApp... The server
> includes a forcing of the priority to the very lowest level. I have
> successfully for the last 4 or 5 months been able to play 1
recorded
> stream, record another, and extract all at the same time with no
> skipping, hopping, or popping. (Basically all of this means you
don't
> need TivoWeb running, or TivoApp installed to extract using my
> client, which means way less memory needed etc...)
>
> Also my server is based around mfs_export rather than
Extractstream.