[ExtractStream] Re: I have a 100% working split program for both SA and DTivo...

Sky sky at o...
26 Apr 2002 11:57:14 -0700

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 11:08, jewser wrote:
[snip]

> While I am not looking for beta tester for this at the moment because
> I know what works and what does not after all of this time, I would
> be willing to put this up as well for people that would like to try
> something else.
>
> --jdiner

I would be interested in giving it a try. I have a Sony SA with the
original 30GB+100GB and TiVoNet. TivoApp works OK. The audio sync is
the biggest issue, especially as we edit commercials out before
compiling to VCD (personal, fair-use only) using a somewhat convoluted
process: TivoApp (extract), splitstream, DVD2AVI/VFAPIConf (MPEG2->AVI),
WinAMP (32Khz->48KHz Audio resampling), VirtualDub (commercial removal),
TMPGEnc (MPEG-1/VCD conversion).

Personally, I would love to see a tyStream "AVI" codec (much like
DVD2AVI/VFAPIConv) that would present the underlying video/audio data in
a reasonable format (24-bit RGB, 48KHz wave) with PES A/V
synchronization. This would make the entire process much, much simpler
(extract, edit in VirtualDub, encode in TMPGEnc) and, hopefully, address
the audio sync issues.

-- sky