I have a 100% working split program for both SA and DTivo...

skorous skorous at y...
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:41:29 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "jewser" <joshua@b...> wrote:
> > I would be very interested in doing beta testing (I've seen the
> > ribbing you take about calling it "alpha" testing on DD :-) )
>
> Yeah. I like things to be right and I guess I have different ideas
> about things than others. But that is ok. They are a good group of
> people that have really come through in a crunch for me. So I
ignore
> the taunts and leave things in the alpha state... Beta soon
though...
> Just a little more testing. :)

I wouldn't call them taunts as my definition of taunt has an
antagonist quality to it. It's more good-natured IMHO but I'm glad
you look past them. :-)

> > How would you be distributing it then, as a .exe or as a
statically
> > compiled linux file? Either is fine for me, I just prefer to do
my
> > decoding on the linux box rather than the 2000 box.
>
> For now for the beta/alpha people it would be a zip file containing
> all of my tools:
>
> Linux - VSplit11a
> Linux - TyFileSplit
> Win32 - VSplit11a
> Win32 - TyFileSplit
> Tivo - mfs_stream
> Tivo - mfs_stream_withpri1
>
> That should be enough for anyone to get going on it.
>
> On and for those not following the rather monsterously long thread
on
> DD I have converted the mfs_stream program from the standard
> mfs_export to have the same interface as ExtractStream. This is so
> that you can grab files with TivoApp etc... but it produces much
more
> accurate TyStream files and has solved a ton of splitting/extract
> problems. Again for a full list of the whys look for my posts on DD.
>
> --jdiner

Whenever you're ready to start things rolling just PM me with a link
or the zip or whatever and I'll start going. I've got a nice big
queue of things waiting for time availability so this is a great
excuse to bump them up in the priority list. ;-)

BTW, how close are you to having the MUXing done? I remember you
saying that you had it more or less patched in but I don't remember
if you talked about how close it was.

Skorous