[ExtractStream] Re: Proliferation of too many different apps...

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:56:55 -0700

OK to sum up why I started this. I don't intend there to be an
argument. I never said that there should be one app. I meant it more
as a clearinghouse for say, the TyStream spec and the MPEG
extensions/oddness that it includes. A place to drop off new versions
of apps and maybe even for hosting CVS repositories.

Lets try and keep this civil. Nobody has appointed anyone leader,
lestly themselves.

It seems too maany of you are too used to a Commercial or maybe Linux
atmosphere where someone wants control, thats not what I was suggesting.

What I would like to suggest is the building of libraries of common
routines, like processing TyStreams, or handling MFS partitions.
Building common utilities that others can build apps on. HAivng
documentation for the Ty stuff. Better forums or mailing lists etc.

Not a dictatorship ;)