How to join the list...

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- jewser <joshua@b...> wrote:
> > Not sure if you're subbed to this group or just reading the posts
> > thru groups.yahoo.com, but if you're not subscribed, I'd
> recommend
> > subscribing so you can send/receive posts thru email -- and once
> you
> > are, to 'post binaries' to the group you just attach them to your
> > email.
>
> Ummm. I have no idea. I have an account with a mygroups setting.
> But
> from that point on... Nothing. I have just been reading them via
> the
> web interface. And that is well... rather sad.
>
> Do I just email messages to the group "email address" or is there
> something further I have to do?

I use my Yahoo mail account for [primarily] this list - but I still
send it just like any other email to ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com -
yahoo mail can send and receive attachments thru their webmail
interface, but if you prefer to use Eudora or another [decent ;-) ]
mail client and a normal email address, just subscribe to the list -
this page has more info about [un]subbing:

>From the page:

Post message: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: ExtractStream-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To be honest, I'm not sure who the list owner even is... so if you're
not here, raise your hand! ;-)

The page listed above also has a search function for the listserve,
which can come in pretty handy at times.

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger