New Tivo Site coming soon!

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

People had mentioned that they'd like to have a place for "one stop
shopping" for Tivo information & hosting...

Barring any "kewl" URLs, I set up tivo.30below.com, and have set up
utilities to be able to host personal subdirectories that folks could
FTP to.

Directories will be "by request only" as storage is limited (at this
point, I can only afford around 300Meg total storage) and there is
not any webpage there just yet... but I hope to have a basic page
there before the weekend... but if I can't get it up before the
weekend, it will have to wait until Tuesday, as I'm headed to Salt
Lake City, Utah from Northern Michigan and will be incommunicado for
~4 days.

I am _working_ on getting ColdFusion access available for the "page
members" - I think how I'm going to do this is create 1 database per
person in that person's ID and [s]he can create whatever tables one
needs in that database. We utilize PostgreSQL exclusively, so if you
know MySQL, that can't be "helped" but conversion to PosgreSQL is
pretty minor...

If you'd like a place of your own on tivo.30below.com, email me
privatelike with what you'd like for a userid & password, and I
should be able to have new users set up in around 24 hours, maybe
less (again, except for this 4-day excursion... Requests I get before
Thursday morning I *should* be able to have set up before the
weekend, but no guarantees...)

I'll email the list when there are new developments...

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger