My VSplit program Alpha #11b has been released...

jewser joshua at b...
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:02:29 -0000

> As I said, the input tyfile is 3GB. I don't have a 2G file
> size limitation. I am running 2.4.18.
>
> Just to double check I just now ran:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile bs=1M count=3000
>
> It worked just fine and created a ~3GB file with no errors.
>
> The problem is that vsplit11b stops at 2GB.

Here is the code from vsplit11b:

#if defined(WIN32)
fname = argv[0];
zin = fopen(fname, "rb");
#else
int	bigIn;

fname = argv[0];
bigIn = open(fname, O_RDONLY | O_LARGEFILE);
zin = fdopen(bigIn, "rb");
#endif

Whenever not compiled to run under Win32 it switches to large files.
Bottom line it is something on your machine. I just ran a 3.5gig test
file through it here and everything ran perfectly. Sorry I can't be
more help but I don't know what else could be affecting it.

--jdiner