[ExtractStream] Digest Number 333

Michael Proctor-smith mproctorsmith at y...
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Faye Pearson <faye@c...>
> Subject: idea for development
>
> I don't know if anyone is working on this but it's
> something I'm
> interested in so I would be quite keen to invest
> time and related
> experience in this.
>
> My fondest dream is to watch a program from the tivo
> on my laptop while
> someone else is watching a different program on the
> tivo directly
> (ie through the tv it's connected to) downstairs.

This would push disk bandwith as you would be two
streams playing out and one being caputred at the same
time. In my tests I get messed up input streams when I
do this. If not a crashed tivo.

> At the moment solutions seem to involve TCP
> (particularly netcat) with
> no particular care taken to decide how the data is
> packeted.

What do you mean how the data is packeted? How would
you like it packeted the tivo stores the data in 128K
blockes.