advice

goingtochicagosucks arrow at g...
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:26:51 -0000

I hope I don't aggravate anyone by asking some newbie questions, but
I've searched all over, and just can't seem to find some answers.

Right now I'm using a Win-TV PVR-250 capture board hooked to the S-
video of my Hughes receiver. It works OK, but I would much rather
capture the original DTV bitstream. So, I am thinking about getting
a Directivo (Sony T60) in order to do this.

Here's what I would like to know:

1. will a new Sony T60 be compatible with a Turbonet card?
2. is it easy to bring over movies from the Tivo to a PC?
3. once you have the movie on your PC, can it be burned directly to
DVD-R without any re-encoding?
4. what resolution is DTV (is it always 480x480)?
5. do you have to be a Linux guru to make sense of all this?

Thanks,
Bob Harman