[Extractstream [MM]] Re: TMPGEnc "source range" limit

John Douglass douglass at artships.com
Mon Dec 23 06:07:02 2002

>However I now want to re-encode a section from near the
>end of a three-hour programme.  I have a problem.  The
>slider bar in TMPGEnc will only show me the first
>90-minutes of so of the programme so I cannot select
>the section I want.

It's not a short-coming in TMPGEnc.  It's your PC's operating system.
Seems you've bumped-up against a FAT32 filesize problem, is my guess.

Best practice is to NOT feed vsplit's m2v file to TMPGEnc, but to feed
it to DVD2AVI first.  So, do you see the whole show in DVD2AVI?  I'm
betting you don't.

John
--
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot;  C++ makes it harder, but when
you do it blows your whole leg off."    -- Bjarne Stroustrop, inventor of C++