[ExtractStream] Frustration Increasing

Mike Schoenborn mjs at h...
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:44:09 -0500

>Tmpegenc: Before the trial ran out, I tried many times to combine, edit, etc
>the m2v and .wav files. Every time, it crashed. I even went so far as to
>just try to have it make an MPEG2 out of the m2v file. crash.

That happened to me as well, until I realized that when the docs say
"requires MMX", they really mean "requires MMX". I moved the files
over to the ol' 266 blazer and things went much better!

(I know this wouldn't be applicable to your situation and isn't much
help, since I'm the last one on the planet running straight Pentium, but
I thought the comment might ease your frustration in knowing there is
some poor sap out there trying to do this stuff with stone knives and
bear skins. (In my defense I must say that the motherboard has -2- of
those 200MHz screamers on there)).

Mike