[ExtractStream] Playitsam

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:34:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Warren Toomey <wkt@t...> wrote:
> In article by alunjuk:
> > Warren,
> > Hi I know you are busy but here is a copy of the 1st 256k of a uk
> > stream
> > Wanna have a look ?
> > http://freespace.virgin.net/y.llain/tivo/
> > bad.ty
> > Alun
>
> All, Alun found a stream with an 0x05 record! I've put a new
> tplayitsam
> up at http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Playitsam/weird/ which can
> deal
> with 0x05, but also sits out a warning about unrecognised records.

When someone figures out what type of chunk that is (audio || video)
let me know - I found the code in SS that figures out if it's a bad
block or not - and I could prolly change it if it's a "standard"
block but with a different ID...

Otherwise, I could prolly figure out how to recode SS to *plonk* the
0x05 records into a separate file if folks need more of them to play
with.

Lemme know if I can help...

> I'm off now for the weekend, but I'll get back to the mail in a few
> days.

Have a good weekend! :-)

Roger "Merch" Merchberger