[ExtractStream] Extraction from a "netless " Sony DirecTiVo SAT60

Josh Harding theamigo42 at y...
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:11:13 -0800 (PST)

--- redmr2 <redmr2@h...> wrote:

> I recompiled a static extractstream-0.2 to run under the Kaz Linux
> tools cd kernel .. and moded it recognize hdb10 instead of hda10.
> Well, it seems to try to work, but it outputs a "sector signature
> failed" and a sector dump. I'm assuming it's because of the es
> program reading raw Motorola formatted data into Intel backwards byte
> integers thus screwing up all math calcs.

Sounds like you're on the right track. As a quick (in terms of time at
the keyboard, not clock time) you could try dd'ing the hdb10 with
conv=swab and output to a spare disk ...we've all got an extra 30G
sitting around, right? :) It's not a good fix, but it'd let you test
your extraction method.

=====
--The Amigo