Video Extraction and Multiple Drives

tuzman mtuz at t...
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:55:08 -0000

just wondering if anyone is having trouble extracting video through
any methods posted on this board (tivoapp, sendstream/splistream,
extractstream/NFS) with a Tivo using a BlessTivo second drive. My
TiVo is a Philips HDR212 with an 'blessed' WD 80GB 7200rpm drive. I
think my issues with audio/video syncing issues reside in how TiVo
stores an episode across both drives.

My plan, in discussions with Merch, is to drive and go back to a
single drive status and see what happens. Ideally, I would like to
know how big of a single drive I can put into the tivo as A drive
without running into the same audio/video sync issues. Any thoughts?

-Tuz

P.s. Great thanks to Merch and Gary for all the work they have done
in this area, they along with Tridge, Dylan, and others are pioneers
of this field... we all owe them great amounts of thanks...