[ExtractStream] 1.30

David Gerdes dpgerdes at r...
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:09:23 -0600 (CST)

Thanks Warren.

nc -n fixed that problem.

And I was using 1.50 tplayitsam, which explains the problem.
1.50a works fine.

So far, my test results look good. But now various tools are
failing on these 1.3 streams. tyc crashes, patched vsplit 1.50
seems to work nicely, but mpgtx -i doesn't like the stream created.
(mpeg2dec seems happy with it tho)

splitstream which worked very well on 2.01 streams barfs on the 1.3 streams:

calvin 46:splitstream mm2.ty mm2.a mm2.v bad.ty
Warning: second byte in chunk 0 is non-zero 47:23
Warning: second byte in chunk 1 is non-zero 3f:2c
Audio sequence number bogus c9fe9f!=c9fb3f at chunk 1 record 24 last audio time 00:00:00.0 last video time 00:00:01.198
Chunk 1 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk last audio time 00:00:00.0 last video time 00:00:01.198
Warning: second byte in chunk 2 is non-zero 44:38
Warning: second byte in chunk 3 is non-zero 47:ff
Warning: second byte in chunk 4 is non-zero 3e:22
Warning: second byte in chunk 5 is non-zero 45:30
Warning: second byte in chunk 6 is non-zero 4b:39
Warning: second byte in chunk 7 is non-zero 3b:ff
Warning: second byte in chunk 8 is non-zero 47:25
Warning: second byte in chunk 9 is non-zero 4b:33
Warning: second byte in chunk 10 is non-zero 44:3b
Warning: second byte in chunk 11 is non-zero 45:ff
Warning: second byte in chunk 12 is non-zero 40:25
Warning: second byte in chunk 13 is non-zero 3d:2b
Almost all the chunks end up in the bad file.
I will

The thing that convinced me to swap out Tivos was Tuesday's B5 recording
had several minutes of garbled video and audio, playing back untouched
on the Tivo. I don't know if my MFS is becoming corrupt, or if the
encoder is crapping out, or if the OS is not getting enough priority
for some reason. I might rebuild 1.3 on it some time and see if the
problem goes away.

Anyway, I am limping along successfully and should be able to report
soon on whether I am still having stream corruption problems.

1.3 appears to have a slower user interface than 2.01. I don't think
the hardware was much different between the 112 and 212 models.