[ExtractStream] Quality problem?

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:00:29 -0800 (PST)

--- Grant Stockly <grant@s...> wrote:
> Is there really a problem with having things recorded at different
> quality
> settings and then trying to extract them?

Do you mean different portions of the same show, or just different
shows?

> If so, does just deleting everything but the best quality material
> fix
> anything?

Although personally I've never had any troubles extracting "Best
Quality" shows, by the time you bzink [yes, that's a technical term
;-) ] them down to SVCD resolution & bitrates, you're adding a lot of
extra processing time to reduce the resolution... that's why "High
Quality" is recommended for archiving.

What problem(s) are you experiencing?

Roger "Merch" Merchberger