1.3 vcd creation

David Gerdes dpgerdes at r...
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:43:08 -0600 (CST)

Well, swapping out Tivo units appears to have solved one problem.
this morning I burned my first hour long error free VCD.

Now I have a new problem which appears to be specific to 1.3 strems.

As I said previously, the stream output by sendstream on a 1.3 box
appears different and various tools have problem with it.

I used Warren's vsplit to separate the streams instead of splitstream
which I had used previously, because vsplit is the only thing I found
that works so far.

The video came out great, and I am now having trouble with the audio.

I am getting a number of audio block format errors which I had never sean
with 2.01/sendstream/splitstream

The net result is a mpeg stream which gets more and more out of since
as the video goes along.

The audio transcoding process give the following errors:

The command I ran was:

cat ${b}.m2a | mpg123 -s -r 44100 - | toolame -p 2 -b 224 - ${b}.m1a
where ${b}.m2a was the audio stream as split by vsplit.

High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Playing MPEG stream from standard input ...
MPEG 1.0 layer II, 192 kbit/s, 32000 Hz stereo
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Input File : 'stdin' 44.1 kHz
Output File: 'b5_514_med_112.m1a'
224 kbps MPEG-1 Layer II j-stereo Psy model 2
[ De-emph:Off Copyright:No Original:No CRC:Off Padding:Normal]
absthr[][] sampling frequency index: 1
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0xc4d34892 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0xb4db2ca2 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x12492492 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x369a4524 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x34934922 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x24522522 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x249b2892 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0xd4912492 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0x48e46e32 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.
Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
Illegal Audio-MPEG-Header 0xa4924524 at offset 0xfffffffb.
Skipped 848 bytes in input.

David