Audio troubles Extracting....

anddmx2001 anddmx2001 at y...
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:00:53 -0000

Hello All,

I have a question for you guys. I'm having problems with audio
distortion (pops) when I attempt an extraction, and curious if anyone
has run into this before.

Some info:
-Phillips 30hour Standalone Unit
-Latest version of the Tivo software
-Pent 3/550Mhz, Windows box on the other end running TivoApp (Version
2)
-no modifications to the Tivo box except the Tivo NIC Card, the
extractstream software, and web software.

Using the TivoApp, I extract the .ty stream. No problems reported at
all. Great. Once the stream is now saved on the windows machine, I
use TivoApp to "Convert tyStream Files".

Okay, I have the 2 resulting audio and video files. Great. Take a
look at the video file, looks wonderful. Take a look at the audio,
and this is where the problem starts.

Every so often thru the extracted file, I get an "audio pop" in the
.mpa file, that is not heard in the original recording. It is rather
annoying, and cannot find out where it is coming from.

** This happens on every recording that I try to extract.

Any ideas? I think I'm so close to pulling content of the unit, but
this always creeps up on me.

Here is a sample of what I'm talking about. www.fr
ontiernet.net/~cmoll/audiopop.mp3

Thanks!