Audio troubles Extracting....

anddmx2001 anddmx2001 at y...
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:40:13 -0000

Roger,

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you. :)

I have to admit... I saw your webpage long before I posted here in
the forum, and saw the steps you were taking to extract the video. I
read through your procedure, and thought, Why bother with using
NetCat and sendstream when I can just have the TivoApp do it for me?
Why the additional headache? I can't see doing that additional work...

Well, they say hindsight is 20/20. The reason you use Sendstream is
because it will reliably take a .ty stream off the box! Something I
had difficulties doing with TivoApp, or more specifically,
ExtractStream.

First, the .ty flies off the Tivo. I was shocked to see how fast it
came off. Not only that, once they did make it to my windows pc,
splitstream didn't complain.

Thanks for writing a great step-by-step on this.... Any anyone that
is having problems with extraction, I would suggest trying Roger's
procedure.

Thanks again for your help,
Anddmx