[ExtractStream] Audio troubles Extracting....

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:41:44 -0800 (PST)

--- anddmx2001 <anddmx2001@y...> wrote:
> Hello All,

How-doo!

> I have a question for you guys. I'm having problems with audio
> distortion (pops) when I attempt an extraction, and curious if
> anyone
> has run into this before.
>
> Some info:
> -Phillips 30hour Standalone Unit
> -Latest version of the Tivo software
> -Pent 3/550Mhz, Windows box on the other end running TivoApp
> (Version 2)
> -no modifications to the Tivo box except the Tivo NIC Card, the
> extractstream software, and web software.

Have you tried sendstream instead of extractstream? There's a link on
my website, see below.

> Using the TivoApp, I extract the .ty stream. No problems reported
> at
> all. Great. Once the stream is now saved on the windows machine, I
> use TivoApp to "Convert tyStream Files".
>
> Okay, I have the 2 resulting audio and video files. Great. Take a
> look at the video file, looks wonderful. Take a look at the audio,
> and this is where the problem starts.
>
> Every so often thru the extracted file, I get an "audio pop" in the
> .mpa file, that is not heard in the original recording. It is
> rather
> annoying, and cannot find out where it is coming from.

Have you tried splitstream? I have a slightly improved (the user
interface requires less typing... more changes on the way)
splitstream called zss, links to the original SS and my zss are on my
webpage as well.

http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/index.cfm

Different tools work on different things - sometimes you have to make
like a safecracker, and try different things in different
combinations to see what works the best.

Also, before extracting, did you put your tivo in standby mode? The
teeeeny leeeeetle 53 Mhz Embedded PPC CPU in your unit can get
overtaxed very easily.

My site 'splains what works for me - of course, it may not for you
but we have fairly similar setups, so it shouldn't take much more to
figure out a combo that works for you, then you'll be boinin'! ;-)

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger