[ExtractStream] Audio Time differences

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:47:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Grant Stockly <grant@s...> wrote:

> I rip the full audio and video onto my computer. The video reports
> to be
> 47 minutes and the audio 35.

Are you using a different utility to trim the commercials on the
tivo, or was it not the complete hour?

Also, what utilities are you using to extract, split, and play your
m2a with? It's hard to figure out what could be going on without
knowing what you're using...

> If I go onto the tivo and to the VERY beginning of the show, I hear
> the
> same thing in the m2a file as on the tivo. When I seek to the 47
> minute
> marker in the tivo I hear the same thing at the end of the 35
> minute m2a
> file as on the tivo.

Does the audio itself sound "higher-pitched" and slowly, steadily go
out of sync, or have you actually listened to the entire audio & hear
large gaps?

> I have about 70GB of ripped shows that I'm starting to convert...I
> hope
> this is normal... I guess the audio needs to be slowed down?

No - it's abnormal. You obviously have more money for bigger hard
drives than I have... wanna adopt me? ;-)

Seriously, it depends on what you're doing - but just for sh!ts &
giggles, I popped open Winders calcaputer & did a quick calculation:

47 / 44.1 * 32 = 34.1

47 minutes of audio that should exist, divided by the SVCD/CDAudio
standard 44.1Khz, multiplied by the 32Khz audio of the Tivo, gives
34.1 minutes of "sped-up" audio. It's possible your audio program
isn't reading the m2a encoding correctly & playing the audio at 44.1
Khz... But that's just a guess.

Send us more info, and we should be able figger out what's going on.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger