[ExtractStream] Re: Problems with mfs_export

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:22:29 -0800 (PST)

--- anddmx2001 <anddmx2001@y...> wrote:

> What you want to do now, is get the actual FSID's used for the
> recording. This can be accomplished fairly easily. (Although I wish
> getting FSID's on Tivoweb was easier)

It is easier... Lots easier! AAMAF, I use this exclusively now,
because the ancient httpd.tcl script didn't like nutscrape much, and
I don't like Internet Exploder much... to repeat a post from Stealth
Dave:

============== clip here ==============

Hello, all. I finally got my TivoNET working again (2.5.1 killed it,
but 2.5.1a it works again), so I'm still getting all of the software
running again. Much to my dismay, no one had added a TyStream list
the latest TivoWeb yet (version 1.9.3). Luckily, this turned out to
be
REALLY EASY to do. This is based on Juppers' original patch, but is
more self-contained, so you should be able to use it on future
releases
of TivoWeb.

Edit your modules/ui.ictl file and search for the following line:

puts $chan "<TR><TD>Size</TD><TD>$size</TD></TR>"

You should find only one instance of this line in the
"action_showing"
proc. Add the following lines immediately after it:

set tystreamlist ""
foreach part $parts {
set file [dbobj $part get File]
append tystreamlist "/$file"
}
puts $chan "<TR><TD>TyStreams</TD><TD>$tystreamlist</TD></TR>"

That's it! Don't forget to rename the file to _ui.ictl, because it
needs to be loaded before any other modules (a bug in the 1.9.3
software). It doesn't automatically send you the ty streams or
anything
fancy like that, but it does tell you what they are so you can use
ExtractStream or the tystream extraction tool of your choice to
retrieve
it. You can get the full version at http://tivo.lightn.org.

- Stealth Dave

and my one mod, to make cut & paste easier:

append tystreamlist "/$file"
^
change the slash to a space, so that you can cut & paste the string
right into your telnet session using sendstream & netcat, instead of
having to get rid of the slashes by hand...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger