[ExtractStream] Re: DVD writing

Michael Patterson mpatterson at a...
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:56:50 -0700

I'd like to add my personal audio problems to this list :)

I've been working ont he DVD writing thing for some time, and I've gotten to
a frustrating point.

I split the ty stream into audio and video, and then manually add/remove
sound from the beginnning of the audio stream until I get it to synch with
the video.

Great! So I pipe it in through TMPEG to mux the streams (and do minor
editing), and find that there is a loss of sync part way through! (by
watching the end). I have not checked to find out where the two go out of
sync, but I have a suspiciion...

There are two spots where the video glitches slightly. These glitches dont'
show up on the TIVO, just my streams. I suspect this is causing the loss of
sync.

When I pull out the ty stream from the TIVO, I get about a 4gig file. If I
try to use mot tools to split the stream, or convert to MPEG2, I end up with
only about 250 megs of video data, which doesnt' play.

--Mike