[ExtractStream] Lip Sync with mplex and netmplex

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:51:36 +1000 (EST)

In article by Roger Merchberger:
> Remember way, way, *way* back in the ancient days of computerdom,
> when computer companies actually gave you a memory map showing you
> where all your ROM/RAM/System RAM, etc. was? (Like Tandys, Ataris,
> Commies, etc?)
>
> Is there anything like that for MPEG[2]? Something that shows header
> info, what comprises a GOP, things like that? I found the MPEG
> specifications (like white papers) and it was *awfully* dry
> reading...

The typarse.c program in Playitsam tries to read a raw tystream, split
out the video stream and find interesting things in it such as GOP
markers, P-, B- and I- markers etc. Maybe this will help?

Warren