[ExtractStream] Re: ExtractStream and PlayStream failing on every sector in a DTivo

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:32:06 -0800 (PST)

--- jeremyjgordonhome <jgordon@s...> wrote:
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., "eric2048" <Eric2048@a...> wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem on a few week old Sony 2.5.1 SA box
> (not DTivo). About half the time I can successfully extract data,
> but the other time it's a total failure with almost identical
> messages to what you report.
>
> I've gone so far as to get a linux build environment for the TiVo
> setup,

[snip]

<HINT> A small FAQ/HOWTO page about how to do that would be really,
*really* cool... </HINT> ;-)

[snippety]

Has either of you fellers tried sendstream? Search the ExtractStream
archives for sendstream - it seems to work a lot more flawlessly for
me than ES... I use sendstream with the -s param, pipe it straight to
netcat (nc) while running a version of netcat for Win32 on my Win2K
box. Splitstream works great for splitting the raw stream, and giving
the audio offsets to put in your mpeg software (like tmpgenc). Less
than 1 show in 20 barfs on an FSID...

I (personally) could never get the seperate streams working correctly
on the Tivo, and there aren't any good (that I've found) video
editing tools for Linux (well, most of the Winders ones that I can
afford suck, too...)

And yes, I've done over 20 shows for my wife and eldest kiddie, and
so far I've gotten 1 show of mine dubbed off -- I'm most certainly
not doing it just for me... ;-)

Happy incr(Year),
Roger "Merch" Merchberger