ExtractStream and PlayStream failing on every sector in a DTivo

jeremyjgordonhome jgordon at s...
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 05:17:48 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Roger Merchberger <zmerch7@y...> wrote:
> --- jeremyjgordonhome <jgordon@s...> wrote:
> > --- In ExtractStream@y..., "eric2048" <Eric2048@a...> wrote:
> > I'm having a similar problem on a few week old Sony 2.5.1 SA box
> > (not DTivo). About half the time I can successfully extract
data,
> > but the other time it's a total failure with almost identical
> > messages to what you report.
> >
> > I've gone so far as to get a linux build environment for the
TiVo
> > setup,
>
> [snip]
>
> <HINT> A small FAQ/HOWTO page about how to do that would be really,
> *really* cool... </HINT> ;-)

[snip]

Sure, I'll post something on the linux dev environment thingie.

> Has either of you fellers tried sendstream? Search the
ExtractStream
> archives for sendstream - it seems to work a lot more flawlessly
for
> me than ES... I use sendstream with the -s param, pipe it straight
> netcat (nc) while running a version of netcat for Win32 on my Win2K
> box. Splitstream works great for splitting the raw stream, and
giving
> the audio offsets to put in your mpeg software (like tmpgenc). Less
> than 1 show in 20 barfs on an FSID...

Yeap, this one has the same results. So you do get some shows that
can't be extracted? About 1 in 20 FSID's that fail?

Regards,

Jeremy