Transferring files

davidlev_1999 davidl at l...
Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:56:03 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Michael Patterson" <mpatterson@a...>
wrote:

> So, i'm trying to mount a network drive on 2.5.1. ANY drive from
either my
> linux or windows box. I've tried both smbmount and nfs mounting.
Nothing
> happens if I use smbmount. I don't even get a prompt back (it does
ask me
> for my passowrd if I dont' use -n, though)
>
> NFS gives me the error: "mount: RPC: Program Not Registered"
(portmap not
> running? How do I do that in TIVO?)
>
> --Mike

I couldnt get samba to work in 2.5 either. However I did get nfs to
work. I run:
bash# insmod -f /lib/modules/nfs-2.0.1.o
(assuming you put nfs-2.0.1.o in that directory)
I get a complaint that the versions are different but ignore that.
then i run
bash# mount 172.20.47.4:/tivoFiles /mnt/
(assuming you installed an NFS server on your Windows machine and
172.20.47.4 is the ip address of that Windows machine)
(I installed WarNFSd http://war.jgaa.com/old_site/warnfsd.htm)

Hope this helps...
--David