Tivo Hangs during Extraction

shandrakor shandrakor at y...
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:12:53 -0000

I've been trying to get the TivoApp program to work, and since it's
based off of Extractstream, I thought you guys might be able to help
me out (the TivoApp thread on PTVupgrade.com is rather slow...)

I've got all the files where they need to be, and everything seems to
work fine. The showlist populates on my computer, and the extraction
begins just like it's supposed to. However, after a completely
arbitrary period of time, the Tivo will hang, and I'll have to
unplug/replug it to get it to reboot.

This can happen after only 64k has transferred, or it's taken as long
as 950megs.

Anything you can suggest on what might be causing the Tivo to hang
would be greatly appreciated.