ExtractStream + new SVR2000 FIXED!

jeremyjgordonhome jgordon at s...
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:07:21 -0000

Hi,

In the "from scratch" code that I wrote, I do do this in my debug
routines. I set up my program to scan the sectors (over a period of
a few hours) of each partition and print anything that didn't have a
MAGIC or has a non-zero FSID, or has an FSID:Sector mapping that
didn't fit the original ExtractStream formula.

This is how I noticed that /dev/hda11 and /dev/hda13 don't seem to
have any MFS database entries, but I saw all the "missing" FSID's
on /dev/hda12 that were failing to be accessed by ExtractStream
on /dev/hda10.

The next question I have (and I haven't had time to program in a two
days) is now that I have identified the sector map entry for offset
and size of actual tyStream data, how do I interpret that
for /dev/hda13. Is the sector map offset found in the MFS
on /dev/hda12 offset from zero on /dev/hda13 or is it offset from the
beginning of the sum of the sizes of /dev/hda12 + /dev/hda13 or what?

I'm sure the answer isn't that hard, but I just haven't had time to
mess with it yet.

Regards,

Jeremy