Has anyone made a "TivoNet Floppy" like install of ExtractStream??

bobfronk01 bob at b...
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:22:34 -0000

Hello,

I am an "old" newbie. I started hacking my Tivo over a year ago.
Due to work demands,I have not had time to play with the TiVo much
over the past few months. Anyway...On to my question.

Does a "tivonet floppy" type of install for ExtractStream exist? I
have ZERO Linux knowledge and about as much time to learn it. (I am
a CNA,MCSE, but have not had time to learn Linux)

My Tivo is a standalone with 2X80GB, Tivonet and latest software
update from a couple of weeks ago.

I really want to play with ExtractStream but after reading the
install instructions, I just don't understand exactly what I need to
do. I have done a GOOGLE search for ExctractStream instructions,
but have not had much luck finding an "easier" solution. I was
hoping that someone had made such a disk, or install routine that
would help me out.

Any info appreciated, and I apologize if this has been covered
before.

Thanks