length of time stored vs. how tivo stores video in FSID

tuzman mtuz at t...
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 04:09:56 -0000

I've noticed a possible trend in my TiVo, and wondering if anyone
else has had a similar situation. If this has been already covered
please forgive me :-)

I notice that the longer the video I keep stored on my TiVo, when I
try to extract the video to my PC via the numerous methods mentioned
(Extratstream via TivoApp, Sendstream via NC or SMB/NFS, etc.) I get
a HUGE portion of bad blocks. In fact, when I get down to it, I
actually find sequences of other shows located in the FSIDs I am
extracting.

For example, I have the Enterprise episode "Fight or Flight". Quite
literally, 75% of the show was bad upon extraction. This is also one
of the videos I have kept the longest on my TiVo. However, with
newer records, I have little to no bad blocks.

I think it has something to do with the way TiVo stores shows in
the "save until I delete" function.

Anybody have any ideas as to how I can extract the video without the
corruption? Am I missing something big here?

-Tuz

P.S. Thanks to merch for a great page, your process has worked VERY
well for me, thanks for the help!