[ExtractStream] length of time stored vs. how tivo stores video in FSID

Michael Patterson mpatterson at a...
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:09:53 -0700

> Anybody have any ideas as to how I can extract the video without the
> corruption? Am I missing something big here?

I wanted to pipe in with a "Me too." I have a two hour show I'm trying to
get off my TIVO, and there seem to be two problems.

First, the numbers seem to not correspond to the show. When I look at the
stream I get, it seems to be portions of the show interspersed with bits of
other shows.

Second, the number of bad blcks that get thrown owt are incredible--
starting from a 3.1G stream, 2.5G gets thrown out as bad, both by
extractstream and splitstream.

These problems also occur with sendstream/splitstream.

Let me know if I can provide any information to help debug this.

--Mike