[ExtractStream] playitsam & remote codes

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:31:01 +1000 (EST)

In article by rickparkerz:
> Has anyone else had problems getting their remote to work with
> playitsam?
> I have 2 TiVos so I use different remote codes for each.
> After looking at the code that reads the remote, it seems
> I am getting the 179 122 30 part, but I am getting different
> numbers than the code expects. I was wondering if anyone knows
> what the format or formula is for determining the codes based
> on the remote id being used.

I've attached the C program and a TiVo binary which I used to work out the
codes. Kill off MyWorld and EventSwitcher, and run this. Then press some
remote buttons. You should see the key codes coming out on your login
screen.

> Also, this method for reading the remote from ttyS0 will pick up
> any remote, not just the one the TiVo is set for.

I've tried, but it doesn't seem to :(

All, please let me know if attachments are frowned upon in this mailing
list, & I'll not send an attachment next time.

Cheers,
Warren

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: readS0.tar.gz