playitsam & remote codes

rickparkerz rickparkerz at y...
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:52:21 -0000

Has anyone else had problems getting their remote to work with
playitsam?
I have 2 TiVos so I use different remote codes for each.
After looking at the code that reads the remote, it seems
I am getting the 179 122 30 part, but I am getting different
numbers than the code expects. I was wondering if anyone knows
what the format or formula is for determining the codes based
on the remote id being used.
Also, this method for reading the remote from ttyS0 will pick up
any remote, not just the one the TiVo is set for. Since I don't
actually use the TiVo remote (I have a universal remote), I figure if
I knew how the codes work I could set one of the TiVo remotes to a
code I'm not using, and have a program running to kick off other
scripts when it gets a certain key from that remote.