[ExtractStream] Editing MPEG2 streams

Pauley, Michael michael.pauley at g...
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:48:01 -0500

Hey everyone,

I am working on a program like DVD2SVCD that will do the whole process for
us to either DVD or SVCD. Can people with working processes post or email me
so I can get the info togther and get the finished project together.

Here is my current process (times for a 30 minute show):

~Extract the raw stream with Gary's Tivo App (Best Quality). (30 minutes)
~Convert to MPEG using TyStream. (10 minutes)
~Run through DVD2AVI to get the d2v project file and audio file (with
delay). (3 minutes)
~Convert the .mpa to wav using winamp. (5 minutes)
~Process wav in DVD2AVI to remove delay. (4 minutes)
~I then load the .d2v project file in TMPEGenc and load the DVD template
with video only. Next, I save the project as a .tpr project file. (2
minutes)
~Convert the .tpr file to an .AVI file with VFAPI (2 minutes)
~Load the AVI into CCE SP 2.50 and encode to DVD standards (need the .tpr
file to resize to 720x480. (5 hours)
~Multiplex the audio and video files together and you have a DVD compliant
MPG (15 minutes)

Total time: 6 hours and 15 minutes.

Let me know if there are any ideas to make this process easier or shorter.

Thanks

Mike

mpauley73@h...