[ExtractStream] Re: Winders Calcaputers... (was: Editing MPEG2 streams)

Dale Reed daler at n...
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:15:38 -0800

Roger Merchberger wrote:

> --- willieb9000 <willieb9000@y...> wrote:
> > Well I'll be...... I SWEAR I am not a moron, but I'll be damned if
> > I've ever noticed that the windows calculater had that option. I
> > may
> > actually use ot for something now. I seriously think I have opened
> > that thing about 3 times in my life. -- I usually just use a real
> > calculator at my desk because it is faster... THanks Merch -- that
> > does help.
>
> No problem - I'll readily admit that upon first glance that the
> calculator looks so useless to make people think "what's the point of
> tinkering with it??" The first time I clicked on that my thoughts
> were "hmmm. prolly just gives you square roots..." and I was actually
> quite amazed at all of the added functions there were.

The windows calculator is a really handy tool, especially for
programmers. I have a quicklink to it, and its always in
scientific notation. For WindowsXP users, get the Windows XP
powertoys. It comes with PowerToy Calculator that is comparable
to some of the high-end HP and TI calcs. It graphs, does tons of
conversions (weither, length, mass), can create user definable
functions, etc.

Dale