merging .ty files

t_tringle t_tringle at h...
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:53:16 -0000

Mike,

Not sure if this is possible for your situation, but I have found
that Windows 2000 gets acceptable transfer speeds with the netcat
executable. It possibly could be that this binary was created with
Windows 2000 in mind, and that while Windows NT 4.0 might work with
it, it's simply just not optimized and therefore you see the slow
transfer rates your experiencing.

Also, I read in one of the previous posts that some people have had
better experience with the 10MB card in the tivo being used with a
hub rather than a switch. Not sure why this would be but someone
stated that higher collision rate might account for it. However that
should only happen when you are sending alot of data over the network
at the same time, rather than one stream.

Also FYI, I after some help from Roger Merchberg am using sendstream
to get my TY streams off of the tivo. It works much better in my
experience and it might solve your transfer rate problems. Just
something to try as this isn't an exact procedure in anybody's book
and just about everybody has different ways of doing it.

Good luck

Tim Tringle

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Mike Schoenborn" <mjs@h...> wrote:
> >I'm having a heck of a time extracting shows directly to my win2k
box: nc is
> >WAAAY slow (I was getting about 42k/sec).
>
> On this NT 4 system I often get -very- slow transfers (with all
things, not
> just nc). Once when looking into the situation I started up MS's
Network